Hydrangea arborescens Candybelle® Marshmallow has been recognized as one of the most interesting new plants that appeared on the market this year.
Marshmallow, like other varieties of Hydrangea arborescens, is hardy and easy to grow. A strong spring cut and regular watering are enough to enjoy large, light pink (salmon) flowers every year. The plant maintains a compact habit, shoots are stiff and do not “lay” even when they are loaded with heavy inflorescences.
Due to the fact that Marshmallow grows only to about 1 m in height and similar width, it is perfect for large containers. The delicate, subtle color of Marshmallow flowers wonderfully emphasizes the romantic nature of the place where it grows.
It blooms from July to September, requires a sunny or semi-shaded position
- light pink/salmon large flowers
- winter hardy to -25ºC
- grows to 100 cm height and 100 cm wide
- needs fertile soil and regular watering
- sunny or half-sunny position
- pruning in the spring – March/April, 15-20 cm from the ground.